A newborn baby usually sleeps for around 16 hours a day. Newborns rarely sleep during the night though. This is the time when co-sleepers come in handy and for your newborn, you need the best co sleepers for his smooth sleep. Co-sleepers are almost like bassinets or cribs. Differences between this is, co-sleepers can be laid on the bed beside you or attached to the bed. They can be carried around with ease, due to their small size. You will no longer have to walk down the hall to baby’s room and can make your baby sleep right beside you. You will easily be able to keep tabs on your baby for midnight feeding and diaper changes.
Table of Contents [show]
Is the co-sleeper essential for your baby?
Sleeping beside your baby helps them feel safe and secure at all times. Co-sleepers were designed keeping this in mind. Some parents like to sleep beside their babies during the day or part of the night. This enables them to get some rest for themselves as well. A co-sleeper is essential for any baby because it increases their bonding with a parent. I also provided the baby with some safety and comfort during sleeping.
There are some simple precautions to follow even when you’re using a co-sleeper. Always add blankets and sheets in the co-sleeper to give the baby added comfort. They also help the baby stay cool. Avoid using duvets in this case. Do not use pillows until the baby is almost a year old. Make sure the bedding inside the co-sleeper does not cover up the face of the baby. He/she might feel suffocated. Do not keep the co-sleeper beside a sofa and armchair. You might accidentally fall on the baby while sleeping.
Buy a co-sleeper that is made of chemical-free and sturdy materials. Though co-sleepers are smaller in size than cribs and bassinets, they also maintain some safety standards. These safety standards have to look into when buying a co-sleeper for any baby.
In which stage do you really need a co-sleeper for your baby?
A co-sleeper is specially designed for newly born babies. You can easily use it from day one for your baby. You can use it up until the babies are 6 to 9 months old. Child’s height and weight also plays a major part here.
A Little bit grown up babies who are 25-30 pound, cannot use a co-sleeper as they are smaller in size than regular cribs or bassinets. Co-sleepers are designed for small babies, who are not that agile and spend most of the time lying down. A co-sleeper is perfect for these kinds of babies to use.
10 Best Co Sleepers Comparison Table
|Product Image||Product Name||Weight||Dimension||Full Review|
|Boppy Newborn Lounger, Elephant Love Gray||3 pounds||18 x 18 x 7 inches||Read Review|
|SwaddleMe-By-Your-Side-Sleeper||6 pounds||14.5 x 32 x 11 inches||Read Review|
|First-Years-Secure-Sleeper-Colors||3 pounds||17.5 x 16.5 x 6.2 inches||Read Review|
|Snuggle Me Organic The Original Co-Sleeping Baby Bed, Infant Lounger, Portable Crib and Bassinet Mattress Pad for Newborn to 6 Months||3 pounds||27 x 18 x 4 inches||Read Review|
|BRICA Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet||3 pounds||30 x 18.5 x 10 inches||Read Review|
|Arm’s Reach Concepts Clear-Vue Co-Sleeper, Cocoa/Fern||26.3 pounds||34 x 20 x 31 inches||Read Review|
|Arm’s Reach Concepts Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet, Natural||28.6 pounds||31 x 20 x 34 inches||Read Review|
|LulyBoo Baby Lounge To Go – Portable Infant Bed Folds Into Backpack – With Activity Bar And Rattle Toys (Beige)||1 pounds||32 x 18 x 16 inches||Read Review|
|Serta iComfort Infant Sleeper, Gray||4 pounds||34 x 8 x 17 inches||Read Review|
|Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Surround, Extra Long, Green||4.5 pounds||30.5 x 5 x 16 inches||Read Review|
10 Best Co Sleepers Reviews
Infants always need a resting place, though the favorite resting place is always the hands of the parents, they can’t hold the baby 24/7. That’s where the Boppy Newborn Lounger Elephant Gray comes to help, to help the parent’s safekeeping the baby offering maximum comfort and appropriate solution. This lounger is recommended for babies of age 0-4 months or until the baby reaches 16 pounds weight.
Hands Free Solution
You can keep your baby on it and be free to do your chores without having to carry your child all the time. Also, it can be used while feeding, breastfeeding or interacting with the baby. This lounger is appropriate for the baby wake up time. For the active parents, this is a must have product.
This lounger is built smartly and sensibly. For better accommodation, it has got recessed interior. The dimensions of this lounger are 18 x 18 x 7 inches. It is easily portable, as it has got a handle to carry it and also it is very lightweight. It weighs just 3 pounds. The fabric can be cleaned with just wiping; the pillow is also compatible with machine washing that means the cleaning process won’t cost you time or effort at all.
This particular Boppy Newborn lounger comes in a beautiful gray color with elephant design on it. It won’t just facilitate your baby but will be a smart addition to your house on its own. The dimensions of this lounger are 18 x 18 x 7 inches.
- Liberates the parents from the infant holding duty
- Easy cleaning process
- Customer friendly price
- Portable, can be carried with ease
- Eye catching design
- Not suitable for use when the baby is asleep
Add enhanced comfort, safety, smartness to you bed sharing the experience by bringing home SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper. An all-around strong metal frame keeps your baby from rolling over. Mesh covered side panels save your baby from overheating and ensures breathable and delightful environment. Then there is a unique compressible part of mesh covered side wall for your privilege and it will grant you easy access to your baby.
The amazing SwaddleMe co-sleeper lets parents bond and interacts with their child with ease as they can monitor, soothe, change, feed the baby with ultimate convenience. You won’t have to worry about loose blankets as this one comes with the fitted sheet and adequate mattress pad. Customers can fold it completely which adds to their advantage and make the carrying and storing process enjoyably easy. It is lead-free so it doesn’t pollute the environment either. The SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper is also certified frustration-free. Among thousands of available co-sleepers, choosing this one will certainly give you an edge.
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Dimensions : 14.5 x 32 x 11 inches
- Side panels are made with mesh.
- Strong but lightweight metal frame.
- Baby-friendly soft fabric.
- Fitted sheet and mattress pad included.
- Folds completely.
- Removable and washable pad.
- Recommended for use: from birth to 3 months or when the baby starts pushing up or rolling over.
- Lightweight, folds completely, storing and carrying is easy as a piece of cake.
- Doesn’t interrupt air circulation so the atmosphere remains cool.
- Soft and fitted mattress and sheet ensure comfort.
- Free of harmful substances.
- It’s counterparts from other brands usually facilities the child for a longer period.
The First Years Close and Secure is a baby co-sleeper that makes sharing the bed with your newborn perfectly safe. It is lightweight and offers portability for an instant solution to your baby’s travel bed needs.
This product is a small co-sleeper that is meant to be used for infants from birth. Sharing the bed with your newborn can be worrisome and scary as you might roll over and suffocate the baby while sleeping. This co-sleeper removes that worry as it provides the baby his own little bed while he or she shares your bed. It has strong plastic sides covered in padding that will provide a secure space. It also has head and foot barriers that further reduce every risk. You can keep your baby close by and feed, soothe and monitor the baby all night long and sleep peacefully with your baby.
Comfortable Mesh Build
This sleeper is built with thick padding on the top sides. Airy mesh fabric on the lower left and lower right side provides maximum airflow. The whole product is built brilliantly so your baby will never sweat. The surface pad is comfortable and gives the perfect setting for sleeping or a quick nap. You can use it in a crib as well.
Convenient Use & Maintenance
This sleeper comes with a long flap that tucks under the bed mattress to hold the sleeper firmly to your bed. It weighs only 3 pounds and folds easily so you can carry it anywhere and use it as a travel bed. The sheet and cover are machine-washable so cleaning is no hassle. It also features a nightlight that runs on batteries and provides a soft light so that you can check on the baby at night.
- Portable and folds easily
- Provides maximum airflow
- Easy to clean
- Nightlight is useful
- Nightlight brightness can’t be adjusted
4. Snuggle Me Organic Pure | 100% Organic Co-Sleeping Baby Bed, Infant Lounger, Portable Crib and Bassinet Mattress Pad for Newborn to 6 Months
Tummy Time, Bedsharing, Co-sleeping, Changing Station, Travel Bed, Rooming-In and Lounging, all of these functions can be done using just one Snuggle Me co-sleeper It has got it’s uniquely crafted Center Sling Technology which recreates the environment of the womb for your precious prince or princess. The Snuggle Me is one of the fewest co-sleepers which will actually snuggle up against your baby so that they can feel the confinement of womb. Also, it prevents the baby from tossing and turning while sleeping which helps the parents sleep uninterrupted.
This co-sleeper is certified pollution free as it is made of 100% GOTS-certified cotton by Control Union (SKAL) and also it is OEKO-TEX standard 100 Certified. So, if you are eco-friendly minded and want to keep your baby safe from harmful substances, this really is the perfect solution for you. The Snuggle Me is compact, lightweight and portable, it can be carried very easily and it can accompany you wherever you go. It is definitely one of the best co-sleeper you can find.
- Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Dimensions : 29 x 18 x 4 inches
- Made using organic eco-friendly cotton.
- Stylish, eye catching, ergonomic design.
- Multi-functional can be used for many different purposes.
- Free of toxic materials.
- Removable organic cotton cover.
- Recommended for use: for babies 0-6 months old.
- Provides optimum safety, security all the time.
- Creates a confined environment which ensures better comfort for the child.
- Doesn’t contain toxic substances so the baby remains pollution free.
- Lightweight, parents can take it with them whenever and wherever they want.
- Stops children from tossing and turning while sleeping.
- A bit expensive considering other co-sleepers.
While you are a traveling parent, safekeeping of the children becomes the most burning issue. BRIC Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet gives you a sensible solution to this problem. If this travel bassinet is with you while traveling, keeping the baby safe and sound won’t be a daunting task for sure. This travel bassinet can be used for your infant from the day he/she has appeared on earth till three months of his/her age. Its dimensions are: 30 x 18.5 x 10 inches.
This travel bassinet is built with breathable fabric and mesh panels. So, the airflow around the baby won’t get obstructed. The baby will be able to breathe easily with zero chance of suffocation.
Durability and Safety
The BRICA Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet offers optimum security for your baby. It is built with a double locking tubular steel frame. So, the strength and durability of this bassinet are unquestionable. It has got a firm mattress, so a safe sleeping environment is always on order. For the safety and security of your precious child, it uses four-point Safe-T-Lock systems. So, you won’t have to think twice about the safety either. Just put your child in this bassinet and be tension free.
Lightweight and Portable
You won’t face any difficulty to carry this bassinet with you, regardless the place you’re traveling to. It is lightweight, weighs just less than 3 pounds. For your convenience, it is portable and has got a nice handle to carry it without any hassle.
This bassinet is made with stain resistant fabric. So, you can easily wipe clean it after use. The removable mattress is machine washable. The mattress pad is water resistant, so your baby won’t has any dampness creeping up to him/her while in this bassinet.
- Mesh side panels offer maximum breathability
- Safe-T-Lock system ensures security
- Lightweight and portable
- The price is inside the range for parents of all budget
- Steel made strong frame is very durable
- Easy maintenance system
- Should not be used after the baby reaches 3 months of age
Keep an eye on your precious eye candy by buying an Arm’s Reach Concepts Clear-Vue Co-Sleeper. It provides the 360-degree view of your child. It has built-in extensions which are really helpful to adjust the height according to the height of your bed. So, you can always reach out and grab your infant in order to feed or comfort them. You can comfortably sleep next to each other without any discomfort and dismay.
This co-sleeper will get rid of the bed sharing problem and you will heave a sigh of relief. It is made in such a way that it fits perfectly in smaller spaces. The Clear-Vue Co-Sleeper is really easy to set up or breakdown. It has got excellent ventilation system. This is a co-sleeper but it can be used as a free-standing bassinet too which means it has dual facility co-sleeper as well as bassinet mode. It comes with a large storage basket which can be pretty handy to store frequently used baby products. You can use this amazingly stylish and smart co-sleeper from the moment your infant enters the house till he/she reaches five months of age.
- Weight: 26.3 pounds
- Dimensions : 34 x 20 x 31 inches
- Soft mesh nest.
- It can be used as a co-sleeper as well as a free-standing bassinet.
- Legs are attached with castor wheels at the bottom and also the legs have the built-in extension.
- Large storage basket.
- Mattress and sheet included.
- Recommended for use: Until the baby reaches five months or pushes up on hand or knees.
- Provides an optimum view of your child.
- Excellent ventilation system.
- Easily fits in spaces and easily movable.
- Extendable legs are very helpful to adjust with parents’ bed.
- Storage basket provides a handy space to store essentials.
- Versatile co-sleeper can also be used as a bassinet.
- The assembling process is tiresome.
- Wheels need to be used carefully.
Magnificent design and mighty structure, that’s what waits for you if you choose to buy Arm’s Reach Concepts Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet. It is multifunctional as its name suggests and can be used as co-sleeper and bassinet both. It is beautifully made with wood and offers excellent visibility as the linings contain a good deal of mesh which also makes breathing easier.
The Cambria Co-sleeper grants easy access to your child as it is convenient attaches to the parents’ bed. You can just lean over and grab your child for comforting, breastfeeding etc. The height of this co-sleeper starts from 24 inches for bed. It is amazingly easy to assemble and can be moved comfortably because of its smooth leg wheels. Arm’s Reach Concepts Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet provides you an excellent alternative to bed sharing. It is very user-friendly too. For the mothers who have suffered C-sections, this co-sleeper bassinet is ideal for them while they recover. It has also got a large storage space where the parents can store feeders, diapers or any necessary thing they feel like storing. The Cambria Co-Sleeper is a fine piece of baby product indeed.
- Weight: 28.6 pounds
- Dimensions : 31 x 20 x 34 inches
- Linings are made using a good deal of mesh.
- It is capable of being used as a co-sleeper and a bassinet.
- Large storage space.
- The legs have wheels attached to them.
- Recommended for use: from birth to five months or when the child starts pushing up its hands and knees.
- Offers fine visibility and amazingly breathable because of its meshed heavy lining.
- Offers variation as it can be used both as a bassinet or a co-sleeper.
- Wheeled legs are great for moving it from one place to another.
- Large storage space helps parents store useful things.
- The mattress is not very durable or soft.
8. LulyBoo Baby Lounge To Go – Portable Infant Bed Folds Into Backpack – With ActivityBar And Rattle Toys (Beige)
The combination of a crib, bassinet, playpen and changing station, the LulyBoo Baby Lounge to go – portable infant bed is one of the most astonishing entries into the travel bed genre. Weighting at just 1 pound, it can be carried anywhere you want and it will aid active parents with its various attributes.
Multifunctional Travel Bed
The first thing that comes into consideration is that it is a multifunctional product in every way. It is primarily a travel bed, but when you’re not using it for the baby, it can quickly be turned into a lightweight backpack. Now, that’s something which can’t be matched by every travel bed. This portability will endear it to active parents undoubtedly.
This travel bed is 100% cotton/100% nylon or 100% polyester. It has got thick foam sides which will cushion the baby from hard surfaces. So, the baby will feel comfortable while being safe. The LulyBoo travel bed has got waterproof underside, so your baby will be safe from getting wet. The three position canopy will protect the baby and provide much-needed shade. It has got two removable toys for the amusement of the baby. Also, there’s an activity bar.
- Versatile and multifunctional travel bed
- Water resistance, padded sides, and canopy will give the baby sufficient protection
- Breathable and easy maintenance
- Can be used as a co-sleeper
- Smart contemporary design
- Additional toys will entertain and make his/her stay in this bed enjoyable
- Parents might need to use blankets or thin mattress underneath the baby
Keep your baby near to you; keep your baby safe while you sleep. Fabulous facilities and extraordinary security are ensured by the Serta iComfort Infant Sleeper. It is very light but sturdy and the side panels are made of mesh so you can always keep an eye on what your baby is doing and the baby can breathe without any difficulty.
The co-sleeper has a large space which is ideal for the baby’s growth. An electronic panel provides light and has options of lullabies and soothing nature sound. To operate the electronic module, you’ll need just 3 ‘AA’ batteries. This co-sleepers also saves the parents from the tiresome work off assembling and disassembling. It doesn’t need to be assembled and can be folded very easily by using just one hand which makes it ideal for parents who are traveling. It is manufactured suitable for machine wash which makes the maintenance process almost non-existent. The sheet is especially fitted for the comfort of the baby and is soft quilted.
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Dimensions : 34 x 8 x 17 inches
- Designed spaciously, grows with the baby.
- Provides nature sounds, lullabies and dim light for night.
- One-hand easy folding system.
- Doesn’t need to be assembled.
- Side panel built with mesh.
- Washable by machine.
- Strongly built.
- Recommended for use: from five pounds till the baby can sit up without any help.
- Ultra lightweight, easy folding, very useful while traveling.
- Easy maintenance as it is machine washable.
- Large space provides comfort and room to grow.
- The battery operated electric module helps set child-friendly environment.
- Finely breathable and awesome visibility.
- Large space can make the baby toss and turn more than usual while sleeping.
- Occupies a fairly large amount of space from the bed.
Sleep tension free with Baby Delight Snuggle Nest beside you. It is a co-sleeper which makes bed sharing perfectly safe. It can also be used as a napper or a travel bed. This compact lightweight co-sleeper has got vented and strong support walls which handsomely guarantee the safety of your baby. The mattress is made of soft and comfortable foam and also it is waterproof.
Parents who will buy this will absolutely love it’s featured as it has got 1.5 inches molded removable Incline Wedge which they can use to relieve indigestion and reflux. Also, the electronic module is such a wonderful addition to the already impressive co-sleeper. It provides soft LED light for nighttime so you can check on your infant whenever you deem necessary. Also, the sounds and lullabies come with it are amazingly soothing and you can control the volume at 5 levels. The module requires 2 ‘AA’ batteries. The Snuggle Nest Surround folds really easily and compactly which makes it the perfect companion for the parents who are traveling. Although its features seem never-ending, it is not capable of being used in cribs or bassinets.
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 5 x 16 inches.
- The sturdy support wall is vented and mesh covered.
- Molded Incline Wedge.
- Soft LED light and 5- level volume control audio set.
- Capable of being used as a travel bed, co-sleeper, and a daytime napper.
- Requires 2 ‘AA’ batteries.
- Recommended for use: for babies of 0 to 4 months.
- Lightweight, very comfy to carry and fold.
- The waterproof mattress is soft and infant friendly.
- Parents can check their baby anytime with the help of LED light and the audio system helps set him atmosphere.
- Strong and durable. Babies can breathe easily.
- Excellent for traveling.
- Incline helps babies’ health.
- Not suitable for use in cribs and bassinets.
Buying Guide before buying the best co sleepers
Numerous co-sleepers are available nowadays. So, choosing the best one for your baby is not a stroll in the park. Regardless of how much experienced you are, one false move can result in a purchase of a wrong bassinet and you’ll regret buying it forever. Loss of money is not the only thing at stake here; because of an unfit bassinet, your baby might get harmed. Don’t be afraid, we are here to help you out. Just consider the important things stated below before buying, you will know what you want and what you need.
Price and Basic Features
The price is the most important thing. You’ll need to choose the best co-sleeper according to your wallet. Then, go for the basic feature. Find out if it fits the bill. Don’t give more priority to additional features more than the basic ones.
Materials Used To Manufacture the Product
Learn about the materials used to build the co-sleeper. Cheap materials will surely make a flimsy product which won’t be as durable or fit as you would like. The mattress must be clean and pollution free otherwise the baby will fall sick. Materials must be cleaned on a regular basis, so go for the ones which have easy maintenance system.
Atmosphere Inside and Visibility
The atmosphere or environment is very important and it can’t be overlooked at all. The baby must have a breathable and healthy atmosphere all the time. We also know the eagerness and urge you always feel to look at your baby all the while. So, visibility is another essential issue. To kill two birds with one stone, buy a baby co-sleeper with mesh side walls. Mesh offers maximum visibility and breathability. And free-flowing air keeps the temperature ideal for the baby.
Weight, Size and Additional Features
Size and weight are important. Learn about product weight and dimensions from the description of the products and determine the one appropriate for your home. If you have large space available, you may go for the bulky ones. After considering the aforementioned points, if you find multiple co-sleepers which match your requirement, look for special features which will make your baby caring service easier. There are many multifunctional and versatile co-sleepers in the market. You can easily find some extra features you might feel tempted to have.
We have prepared this article with the thought to provide you with the best co sleepers according to your unique style and taste. Choosing the wrong co-sleeper can be a nightmare for you. But, among the innumerable products, choosing the right one is not easy either. That’s why we decided to liberate you a bit and dedicated this article to guide you through to the right choice.
The co-sleepers presented here are absolutely best in the business. After choosing one fro here, you can rest without any tension or second thought and your baby will remain comfortable in it till the last day of its use. We can assure you that.